User interface (UI)
Everything displayed on your website that the user can interact with.
The user interface needs to be:
- Simple (avoid unnecessary elements)
- Clear (use colors, sizes, and layout to create hierarchy and increase scanability)
- Consistent (react the same to the user action)
- Intuitive (working the way the user expects it to, basically similar to most other websites).
- Making a positive impression on our visitors and giving them a good user experience is the purpose of UI. Since these are the factors that affect dwell time and user engagement they are crucial for SEO.